If you’re considering adding an inground swimming pool to your backyard, you may be overwhelmed by the options available. One option that has become increasingly popular in recent years are small inground fiberglass swimming pools. These pools offer several advantages over traditional cement or plaster type pools, including cost-effectiveness, durability, and ease of maintenance.
Features and Benefits of Small Inground Fiberglass Swimming Pools
Fiberglass pools are made of a durable, lightweight material that can be molded into any shape or size. This makes them an ideal choice for small backyards or those with limited space. Some of the other benefits of small inground fiberglass swimming pools include:
- Quick installation: Fiberglass pools can be installed in as little as two weeks, compared to the several months it can take to install a cement or plaster pool.
- Low maintenance: Fiberglass pools require less maintenance than other types of pools, as the smooth surface of the material resists algae and bacteria growth.
- Easy to clean: The smooth surface of fiberglass pools also makes them easy to clean. A simple wipe down with a soft cloth or sponge is usually all that’s needed to keep the pool looking great.
- Durability: Fiberglass is a highly durable material that resists cracking, fading, and chipping. This means that your pool will last for many years with minimal upkeep.
- Flexibility: Fiberglass pools can be customized to suit your individual needs and preferences, with a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes available.
- Cost-effective: Fiberglass pools are way more cost-effective than cement or plaster pools, as they require less upfront cost and ongoing resurfacing and other needed maintenance and repairs over time, like tiles falling off!
- Energy-efficient: Fiberglass pools retain heat better than other types of pools, which means that you’ll spend less on heating costs.
- Smooth surface: Fiberglass pools have a smooth surface that is gentle on the skin, making them a great option for families with children. I have actually scraped my skin off in a cement pool.
- Resale value: Installing a fiberglass pool can increase the resale value of your home, as it is seen as a desirable feature by many buyers.
- Eco-friendly: Fiberglass pools are an eco-friendly option, as they require fewer chemicals to maintain and produce less waste than other types of pools. Maintaining the Ph in a cement pool is a nightmare.
Why Fiberglass Pools?
- Quick installation
- Low maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Cost-effective – Way Less Expensive
- Smooth surface
- Resale value
In conclusion, small inground fiberglass swimming pools offer a wide range of benefits over traditional cement or plaster pools. They are cost-effective, easy to maintain, and highly durable, making them an excellent choice for homeowners looking to add a swimming pool to their backyard. With so many customizable options available, there is sure to be a fiberglass pool that meets your individual needs and preferences. And did I mention way less expensive than Cement? 🙂